Wednesday, February 3, 2010

No mORe MOnKeYS

If you are an Allred child, it is in your genes to not sleep in. Parker has been getting up at 4 am for the past 4 or so months. He is simply done sleeping so he gets up and decides it is time to eat breakfast. I have done everything in my power to get him to sleep in and have had no luck. I decided that getting him a "BIG BOY" bed might possibly help him sleep better and longer. He has outgrown his crib and was climbing in and out so I figured now is a great time to make the switch. We got him a queen size bed so he would have plenty of room and I would have plenty of room in the event that we ended up sleeping together. It has been one week with Parker in his new bed and his sleeping has improved only slightly. However, Parker now has a new source of entertainment.....jumping on the bed. You can only guess what happened....


The big boy bed

The first "war wound" from jumping on the bed
Forehead meets window sill

I freaked out and there was tons of blood!! Parker was
screaming, I was crying, Maddie grabbed the first aid
kit, and Lauren was a bit confused. I am
SO THANKFUL that Jeff was home to act fast and know
exactly what to do. Stop the bleeding, close the
wound, seek medical help. Jeff and Parker were
soaked with blood. This picture was taken after
all the blood was cleaned up

Our home teacher is an ER doc so he saved the day
and super glued the head together. Thankfully we
avoided the ER wait and went straight to the
Dr.s house. After watching him glue Parkers head I
decided that Jeff and I could easily do it on our own
next time we have a cracked open a head. Parker was a
very good boy and we left with a very cool
pirate band-aid

Parker wore himself out with all the crying
and took a great nap

He wouldn't leave his wound alone so we
wrapped his head. He thought it was fun!!

We now have a very white trash window sill. I fixed
it with a towel and duct tape since Parker still
jumps on his bed no matter how hard we try to keep
him from it. SILLY BOY!!

5 comments:

jillpill said...

OUCH!! Poor little jumping boy. Thank goodness for friends and calm dads. I would have been freaking out!

Brin said...

Boys keep us on our toes with the injuries. Hey I'm glad to hear you were crying. We recently experienced the same thing. He split his forehead open up at Bear Lake. I started crying not knowing where to start and Ryan was the calm one who just went to work cleaning it up and performing the super glue stiches. Parker looks so cute in his big boy bed. I wish the jumping would stop for your sake. The window looks like it has good padding now though.

The Cushing Family said...

I am glad I'm not the only one who freaks out at the sight of blood. I don't know if it's the fact that the guys are constantly seeing blood at the office or what. Thank goodness Jeff was there!

Parker is too cute! Even with the bandage wrapped around his head, he is just a gorgeous little boy! Isn't it funny how different boys are than girls??

The Henrich Family said...

The duct tape adds a nice touch to the room, Amy. LOVE the pic with Parker's head wrapped.

Logan and Traci Wood said...

Ahhh...injuries...no fun! Thank goodness for the ER Doc as a friend...phew...money saved! I love the duct tape and would have done the same exact thing.