It happened. That phone call that every mother dreads. I got it and my heart sank, possibly even stopped for a few seconds! "Hello, Mrs. Allred. This is the school nurse calling to let you know that everything is fine but your 1st grader has lice." Um ok, everything IS NOT FINE!! Are you sure?? CRAP!! We're supposed to go to Utah for a very important wedding in two weeks. We can't go if my kids have lice!! I'll be right there. I grabbed a big sheet out of the closet and then went to the store to get the necessary supplies I would need to get rid of the bugs. I walked into the nurses office to find Lauren digging and scratching at her head and the nurse showed me that she was indeed correct. She gave me a few pointers and sent me on my way. I wrapped Lauren in the sheet so her head wouldn't touch anything in the van and I took her home. I immediately put Lauren in the tub and started treatment. While she was soaking I began stripping my home of every possible thing that needed to be washed. My washer and dryer went non-stop for days and I am sure I may have gone bit over board but I wanted this done and over and I didn't want anyone else to get it. Thankfully no one else got it!! I did tons of research on line and called the lice hot line numerous times. I can report that I am now a lice expert. Call me if you ever need know what to do....it isn't pretty!! The secret weapon...Listerine, a spray bottle, and a shower cap.
This girl can even make a shower cap
look stylish!!
Lauren was such a trooper through the
entire experience. I found out that it
was spreading like wild fire around her
classroom. She wore her hair in braids
the rest of the year. We weren't about
to take any chances!!






No comments:
Post a Comment