Our sweet little Lauren turned 6 years old on September 6th. She's such a great little girl and I love her so much!! She brings joy to my life every day and I am so grateful she is part of our family. Lauren is sweet and loving and generous and kind and tender and easy going. Much to my dismay, she's growing out of her days of playing dress up and pretending to be princesses and moving on to playing school and learning how to do "teenager" stuff. She is already into the latest fashion trends and has a good eye for it. She likes to be "hip". Lauren is really looking forward to becoming a teenager. Thankfully, Lauren is still hanging on to her childhood because she still plays with her dolls and is a WONDERFUL mother to them. I hope these tender moments last a lot longer!! I don't want Lauren to be a teenager just yet.

The day before her birthday was Labor Day
and we headed to Disneyland for a fun filled day

It was our first time on Star Tours since it re-opened.
Lauren wasn't a fan of the 3D glasses but the
ride was Ah-mazing!! It's Parker's new favorite

It was also our first time on the new Ariel ride.
I must say--it was also amazing!! Disney
sure knows how to do things right

Parker went on the Tower of Terror with Jeff
& Maddie. He didn't know what he was in for
but he really wanted to go. You can tell from
this picture AFTER the ride that he didn't like it

We always seem to find a dog...everywhere we go

Lauren got a birthday souvenier. Another dog..sigh..

Birthday morning Lauren got breakfast in bed
French toast with powdered sugar, strawberries,
and hot chocolate. Just what she ordered

All the goods...

Parker gave Lauren her favorite treat

You only get sugar cereal once a year at
our house....On your birthday...and
you DON'T have to share

Maddie gave Lauren a Monster High Doll

Her new outfit

Birthday treats to share in class

Minky pillowcase from Grandma Georgia
THANKS!! It's just like Lauren requested

Grandpa Karl always sends a sweet treat

Parker Boy started pre-school
WHAT!!?? I am home alone twice a week
for 3 hours. What will I do??

He was excited about it until we got there.
Then he was grumpy and I left him crying

Thankfully the tears didn't last long and he
was so happy when I picked him up

He had so much fun that he had to go
home and take a nap

Grandma Farrell came into town that
weekend & brought a birthday present with her

SURPRISED!!

I love the look of pure excitement!!

Thanks Grandma for the American Girl
Doll horse!! Just what Lauren wanted

...and finally, we went to BJ's for a
birthday pizookie. A favorite tradition!!
2 comments:
they are all so cute, but growing up too fast. Can't wait to seeyou all soon.
I can't believe Lauren is 6! Not only that, but Parker is getting huge! How fun that you can go to Disneyland as often as you do. Looks like Cali. is treating you guys well! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment