Summer is full of many traditions for us. It usually starts out like this.....The Allred 5 drive to Utah, Jeff drops us off, he flies back to California so he can work, we stay in Utah to play, Jeff flies back to Utah weeks later, The Allred 5 drive back to California. WELL, this year it started out differently. The Allred 4 flew to Utah because of Grandmas passing. I have to admit, it was so great to fly!! Poor Jeff, drove the distance alone.

Parker and Lauren enjoying the TV on JetBlue
I heart JetBlue!! Easiest flight ever-
Maddie was in the back of the plane with
Grandma and I didn't get a picture

The next tradition is attending one of cousin Charley's
Country Concerts. This year we saw him at Raptor
Stadium in Ogden. The kids really enjoyed their slushies

A new tradition was a sleep over with everyone.
Usually just Lauren and Maddie sleep over with
the cousins but this year Parker and I joined in.
I slept on the floor with the kids. Let's just say
it was one very loooooong night

One of my FAVORITE summer traditions is haircuts.
Stacy is without a doubt the best beautician ever!
Parker went from shag to handsome

Maddie had about 6 inches cut off
She went from dead ends the healthy hair

After seeing myself in funeral pictures and how
terrible I looked, I decided to get a drastic cut for
myself. I don't know why I even try to grow my
hair out. I am a short hair kind of gal!
I went from icky to "cute hair Aim"


Another favorite tradition of mine is
"Robertson Family Reunion Day" at
Pineview Dam. The kids love the
boat, the tube, the water, the fun,
the entire family.....and I do too!!
(we missed you Jeff!!)

Maddie and Connor

Maddie, Lauren, Connor, & Ian

Parker & Lauren

Parker LOVED driving the boat

Lauren & Rachel

Maddie wasn't feeling so great but I wasn't about to
miss out on "Dam Day" so I took along a cot
for her to relax on in the shade. It lasted about
30 minutes and then she magically felt better

Parker loading up for the water fight

My dad had another one of his "Dam Passing Out
Episodes". It scared the you know what out
of all of us. Dad left in an ambulance. He did the
same thing last year at the dam. This is NOT
a tradition we want to continue. Thankfully, he is ok!

We spent the whole day at the dam and Parker
was so tired by the end that he fell asleep
standing up and hunched over on his seat

Frog Pool!! We can't go to Utah without visiting
this great place at least once or twice.
The giant frog slide is a crowd pleaser

Maddie and Lauren spent most of their time in the
lazy river. I can't seem to find those pictures. Grrrr

Parker and his buddy Zac

Of course.....the 100 foot slip and slide is a tradition
that my kids talk about all year long. All the kids
went together on the first run down the hill

Well, this year 100 feet just wasn't enough so
what did my "bigger is better" brother do??
He made it longer. It doubled in size so the "big"
boys (dads) wouldn't run out of slide at the bottom




Parker & Zac really wanted to go the distance of the
longer slip & slide but they weren't quite "big" enough
so they decided to ride Jeff down the hill like a sled
-GOOD TIMES-

Parker also enjoyed being chased by his dad

Three amigos in the "hot tub"

Parker & Zac in their own personal "hot tub"

They thought it was fun practicing their
Dead Man's Float.
....stay tuned for part 2 of summer fun..coming soon
1 comment:
great cut Aim!
Post a Comment